- Who we are
- WHAT WE DO
- Support us
Work at CEJIL
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT D.C. OFFICE
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 10th, 2015
ORGANIZATION FOCUS: International Human Rights Law in Latin America
START DATE: IMMEDIATELY
For nearly 24 years, the Center for Justice and International Law (CEJIL) has litigated emblematic cases of human rights violations, trained key actors, and engaged in advocacy before the Inter-American Human Rights System to promote and protect human rights in the Americas.
CEJIL seeks a dedicated and dynamic Administrative Assistant to join its fast-paced and friendly Washington, DC team. We are looking for an individual passionate about human rights. The ideal candidate will understand the value of providing office and logistics support to ensure the organizational effectiveness and efficiency needed to advance the organization’s goals. The position will place a committed individual in contact with regional human rights and foreign policy communities.
• Provide administrative support to legal staff, fundraising efforts and communications program, as needed. (For example: faxing, photocopying, providing basic IT support, coordinating the distribution of documents via surface and electronic mail, editing documents, and translating.)
• Answer primary incoming phone line and direct calls.
• Purchase and administer all office equipment and supplies, including multi-line phone system and workstations.
• Serve as primary liaison to other CEJIL offices regarding administrative and IT issues
• Monitor general office email account and reply to all requests, including those for legal assistance, meetings with staff, publications, etc.; also, open and distribute mail daily
• Process accounts payable & receivable, administer the disbursement of petty cash, travel per diems and reimbursements.
• Manage and update office database as well as financial, equipment and personnel files
• Filing legal documents, maintaining a log of documents and help to monitor important deadlines.
• Coordinate meeting and conference logistics.
• Make all necessary travel arrangements for staff and Board Members.
• Participate in the recruitment of interns; also, coordinate recruitment of new employees.
• Together with immigration attorneys, coordinate US work visa application process for CEJIL employees.
• Guide interns in finding housing and other basic services, as needed.
• Assure that office common areas are clean and well-maintained; greet and assist visitors; provide support for meetings.
• Assist the DC office’s Director in administrative tasks, as well as those related to human resources management.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Fluency in both written and oral Spanish and English is required (Portuguese is a plus).
• Two to three years of experience working in a multicultural office setting.
• A proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines while working under pressure, with minimal supervision.
• Experience administering regular office equipment (i.e., multi-line phone, office network).
• Interest in Latin America/International Human Rights.
Only candidates authorized to work in the U.S. without any restrictions at the time of hiring need apply.
Salary: Between $34,000-$38,000 commensurate with experience. CEJIL offers an excellent benefit package that includes generous paid vacation, as well as employer-paid health, dental, major medical and life insurance.
- No phone calls please -
Interested candidates should send by e-mail a cover letter, resume, and two (2) writing samples (one in English and one in Spanish) no later than February 10th, 2015 to:
Subject: Administrative Assistant Search
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. CEJIL assures equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without discrimination based on any reason.
For internship opportunities, please click here.